The Finance Manager is responsible for providing financial leadership on all tactical and strategic matters related to financial planning, cost-benefit analysis, budget preparation and management for management decision-making and for meeting legal & regulatory requirements.
- Formulate financial strategy, policies, systems and procedures for the department and the company to ensure sound financial controls
- Develop and supervise implementation of accounting policies and systems regarding risk management, investment management, funds management, liability and asset management
- Prepare and manage the company’s financial plans and coordinate departmental budget towards the achievement of annual targets
- Manage the Bank’s Tax affairs to ensure statutory compliance and optimization of tax liability
- Develop and supervise implementation of internal financial control systems
- Manage financial and regulatory reporting to both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide financial reporting and accounting, including records for the preparation of quarterly and annual accounts in line with applicable accounting rules and industry accounting policies
- Maintain the integrity of the bank’s financial information in order to address business needs
- Ensure the bank’s financial viability and cost structure are regularly analyzed and appropriate measures undertaken to monitor and reduce costs in relation to the Banks operations and services provided
- Monitor the bank’s financial and risk performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Establish and maintain contingency plans for the Bank’s operations
- Direct, manage, develop and supervise the finance team to achieve departmental goals and objectives
- Oversee the preparation of the department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation
Required Skills or Experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Rural Banking industry, Bank of Ghana regulations, and other statutory financial regulations relevant to the banking industry
- Excellent knowledge of best practices in financial reporting and regulations including IFRS
- Excellent knowledge of Funds Transfer Pricing and cost allocation methodologies for business segment performance reporting
- Excellent knowledge of Ghana Tax Laws
- Strong understanding of risk management relevant to the banking industry.
- Excellent Cost Accounting skills is critical for the role
- Excellent budgeting skills are critical to this role and good knowledge in treasury management is desirable.
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Strong strategic planning skills
- Outstanding communication skills –writing skills and strong verbal and listening skills is essential
- Proficient computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, MS Access) essential for effective service delivery
- Minimum of a masters’ degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized university
- Membership of a relevant professional body (CA/ ACCA/ CIMA /CFA or equivalent)
How To Apply
All interested candidates to submit their applications and CVs to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 15th November, 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
Get daily Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.