A reputable organization in the extractive sector in Ghana intends to recruit a qualified and dynamic person as an: External Relations & Communications Officer
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, EXTERNAL RELATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
- Provide the highest level of support to the management of the organization towards the achievement of its vision and mission;
- Assist in creating and maintaining a positive character and status for the organization in the eyes of the various local and international publics;
- Assist in developing and managing effective and efficient communications/ public and media relations programs to disseminate information on the activities of the organization;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist supervisor in the initiation, coordination, and organization of a variety of programs designed to promote and protect the image of the company.
- Develop a proactive internal communications platform that will provide guidance and input into the resolution of issues that affect the organization
- Coordination of stakeholder briefings on issues impacting the organization’s performance;
- Create and maintain a positive environmental and social outlook for the organization;
- Assist supervisor in facilitating various conferences, fora, and events;
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Communications or Public Relations.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience with mid-to senior level management experience.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience with public relations, communications, or marketing
- Experience with managing relationships with stakeholders like policymakers and communities
- Experience with planning and coordinating events
- Digital communications skills, such as graphic design and/or web management
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: the ability to relate to a wide range of individuals, and to instill confidence and trust
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae and copies of their relevant certificates to [email protected]
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
No later than 5:00 pm on Friday 19th November 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
Get daily Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.