The University of Ghana (UG) Legon virtual orientation exercise schedule for the 2021/2022 fresh students has been announced.
The management of the University of Ghana (UG) Legon wishes to inform all the newly admitted that the schedule for the 2021/2022 orientation exercise has been released. On that note, all fresh students are mandated to attend.
The University of Ghana Orientation for Fresh Students
All fresh students are to note that they are to participate in a compulsory Orientation Programme from Monday, January 10 to Thursday, January 13, 2022.
Given the current circumstances, the program will be carried out virtually. The Session for Monday, January 10, 2022, will be premiered in 2 sessions through the following links:
Morning Session, from 9.00 am: https://youtu.be/xJ-lRwAro0w
Afternoon Session, from 1.00 pm: https://youtu.be/Um0p2q3MdcU
The 2021/2022 Orientation programme is scheduled as follows:
DAY 1: Monday, January 10, 2022
Morning Session: 9.00am -11.00am
1. Knowing Your University
Speaker – Mrs. Lydia Anowa Nyako-Danquah, (Director, Academic Affairs Directorate)
2. Your responsibility as a Junior Member in the University of Ghana
Speaker – Professor Godfred Bokpin (Dean of Students Affairs)
3. Your financial responsibilities and obligations
Speaker – Mr. Samuel Osei Mensah (Accountant, Students’ Accounts)
4. Services available at the University of Ghana Computing Systems
Speakers – Ms. Ama Dadson and Mr. Benjamin Cobblah (Representatives of Chief Information Technology Officer)
5. Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning: The Sakai Learning and Management System
Speaker – Mr. Francis Awuye-Kpobi (UGCS)
6. Academic Quality Assurance in the University of Ghana
Speaker- Professor Daniel Twerefou (Director, Academic Quality Assurance Unit)
7. Getting to know the University of Ghana Library System.
Speaker – Mrs. Theodosia Adanu (Ag. University Librarian)
8. Surviving the Challenges of University Life
Speaker – Dr. Mrs. Bridget Ben-Naimah (Director, Careers and Counselling Centre)
DAY 1: Monday, January 10, 2022
Afternoon Session: 1.00pm -2.00pm
1. Financial Aid/Loan to Students
Speakers – Mrs. Christine Baning (Head, Students’ Financial Aid Office)
Ms. Isabella Anoff (Zonal Manager, Students Loan Trust Fund)
2. Students’ Health Needs / Sexual and Reproductive Health Issues
Speaker – Dr. Mark Frempong (Director, University Health Services)
3. Sports at the University of Ghana
Speaker – Mr. Augustine Amissare (Representative of Director, Sports Directorate)
4. Security Consciousness on Campus
Speaker – Major Gariba Pabi (Rtd) (Security Coordinator)
5. Sexual Harassment Policy of the University of Ghana
Speaker – Professor Margaret Amoakohene (Chairperson, Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee)
6. Office of Students with Special Needs
Speaker- Dr. Efua Esaaba Mantey (Coordinator, Office of Students with Special Needs)
DAYS 2-4: Tuesday, January 11, to Thursday, January 13, 2022
INTERACTION WITH COLLEGES
All students are to link up with their respective Colleges each day from 9:00 am for live interactive sessions. The links for the orientation at the Colleges will be released on Monday, 10th January 2022.
Lydia Anowa Nyako-Danquah (Mrs.)
Director, Academic Affairs
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
Get daily Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.