The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
To find out more about IITA, visit our websites at http://www.iita.org.
POSITION: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) seeks to recruit a COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER under the Black Soldier Fly (BSF) Project.
- The Communications Officer will lead outreach to IITA’s strategic consortium of partners and stakeholders of the BSF Project to ensure that activities are properly promoted and communicated.
- He/she will be responsible for the management and implementation of the communication strategy of the BSF Project in IITA and its partners among others.
The Communications Officer will coordinate the promotion of the public image of activities under the BSF Project, which may include the publication of news and press releases, brochures and/or related materials, and other communications materials.
- Manage sponsor reporting including project proposals, interim updates, and final reports
- Manage the production of regular reporting including the annual report, newsletters, updates as well as any ad hoc report as required
- Implement the Project’s communications strategic plan
- Design flyers, brochures, profiles, infographics, advertisements, calendars, logos, and any other graphics as needed
- Review and refine existing communication channels and strategize and implement new channels and marketing campaigns to broaden the support network and effectiveness
- Manage social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and the website blog
Duty Station: Accra, with fieldwork travels to project sites across Ghana
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in Communications, Journalism, Community Outreach, Public Relations, International Studies and/or a related field
- University degree required. Master’s is degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience working with Government officials, Civil Society Organizations and Community Based Organizations
- Experience working with [Funding partners if any] and/or its development partners
- Experience utilizing social media tools and managing online content
- The ability to communicate well in French will be an advantage
- Must work well under pressure and generally outgoing and comfortable meeting new people. Due to the nature of the work he/she must be accurate, flexible, enthusiastic, and responsible..
- At least five (5) years corporate driving in a similar institution
HOW TO APPLY
Applications: Applications must include a cover letter, which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae (5 pages maximum), names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work.
Applications should be submitted by EMAIL ONLY to:
The Station Administrator, IITA-Ghana, email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE: January 22, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Terms of appointment: This is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position. The initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
Get daily Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.