International SOS is in the business of protecting and saving lives when involved in medical or security situations. International SOS understands your needs like no other partner, more than 30 years of experience gives us an unparalleled understanding of your health & security threats and risk challenges.
We are, therefore, uniquely placed to tailor-make risk management solutions for the optimal health, security & well-being of your diverse global workforce, wherever they are, even in the most remote and fragile environments of the world – on land, at sen or in the air.
We are therefore seeking to recruit a Site ALS Paramedic:
Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer.
The successful applicant will be posted to a location in the Brong Region to serve as a provider of emergency care and paramedical care to our client.
He/she will be involved in the coordination and execution of in-country and offshore medical evacuations as well as MERP and other drills.
It is self-explanatory that routine EMS procedures in the area of equipment maintenance, stock management, and infection control are part of this comprehensive role
The ALS Paramedic is further required to ensure continuous development and improvement of the emergency medical service providers to our clients by our extended medical teams.
This is achieved by the means of in-service training, regular emergency drills, and maintenance and supervision of the Emergency Room, which includes in-house responsibilities will include: emergency procedures. Other
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Respond with the ambulance to emergency calls.
- Assessment and immediate treatment/stabilization of illness or injury.
- Liaison with medical and operational personnel for emergency support and resources, if required.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of medical evacuation of ill or injured personnel, when necessary.
- Drill emergency response directly with clients on at least an annual basis
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND SKILLS:
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
- Bleeding Control
- Spinal injury management, including immobilisation and safe transport
- Advance Life Support Paramedic or
- Bachelor’s degree or Certification Training qualifying for registration on NREMT register (American) as an EMT-P or
- South African Bachelor’s in Emergency Care or Certification qualifying for registration as an ECP or ANT
- A minimum of five (5) years of qualification experience is required
- The candidate should be current in ACLS (American Heart Association), International Trauma Life Support (UTIS), or Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
HOW TO APPLY
TO APPLY: In order to be considered for this opportunity. please submit your CV to daniel.anokye@ internationalsos.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Not later than two (2) weeks after the date of publication. That is 28th January 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
Get daily Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.