The LAWEH Open University College is the first and only accredited Open University College in Ghana and second in West Africa.
The Laweh Open University College is the first authorized Open University College in Ghana established in 2014 as an open supported learning institution offering certificates, diplomas, degrees, and postgraduate courses. Laweh is a global partner with Franklin University, USA, for the award of its degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
The Laweh Open University conducts its operations through Regional Centres and Study Centres. Currently, there are fifteen (15) contact points in African countries coordinated by prominent personalities. Laweh University College has its Headquarters situated at Addogon Road, off the Spintex-Baatsona Road, near Lekma Polyclinic, Accra-Ghana.
The LAWEH Open University College offers the following programmes:
- BBA INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (BBA) – FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (BBA) – Marketing
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (BBA) – Human Resource Management
- MBA ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- MSC DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS
- MBA FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
- MBA PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- MBA HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Admission Requirement Requirement
Admission Requirements – Level 100
West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) & Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) Applicantsi. WASSCE and SSSCE applicants must have at least credit passes (i.e. grade A1-C6 and grade A-D respectively) in three core subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies in addition to any three elective subjects with an aggregate score of 24 for SSCE and 36 for WASSCE or better.
ii. All other prospective applicants with any previous academic results who do not fully meet the requirement in 1(i) would be required to pass the Laweh entrance examination for admission and in addition write an essay between 300-400 words.
Mature Students Admission
Applicants without the requisite requirements who are 25 years and above with at least 2year’s work experience may be considered mature students and shall be required to write Laweh Entrance Examination.
Admission Requirements – Level 200
General Certificate of Education (G.C.E) Advanced Level:
Passes in any three (3) subjects at the G.C.E Advanced Level plus a pass in General Paper. In addition, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) or better in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics Subject at the G.C.E Ordinary Level.
Advanced Business Certificate Examinations (ABCE):
Passes in any five (5) subjects at the ABCE level. In addition, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examinations (GBCE).
Post-Secondary Teacher’s Certificate ‘A ’/Diploma in Education Certificate.
Recognized Professional Qualifications Pathway:At least complete Level One (1) of any of the following professional qualifications:
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators. UK (ICSA),
- Chartered Institute of Marketing. UK (CIM)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountant. UK (CIMA)
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants. UK (ACCA),
- Institute of Chartered Accountants ICAG and
- Chartered Institute of Bankers CIB
Higher National Diploma (HND) in disciplines relevant to the programs being offered by the University.
Applicants in possession of University/Tertiary Diploma with a Final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of at most 2.5 from any University/Institution in programs relevant to the courses being offered by the University.
Admission Requirements – Level 300
Higher National Diploma (HND) in the related field.
- University /Tertiary Diploma applicants in a related field of study
- Applicants with at least complete level two (2) of any of the following recognized professional qualifications: ICSA, CIM, CIMA, ACCA, ICAG, and CIB.
For further information visit here: https://www.laweh.edu.gh
- University of Ghana Freshers Information | After Checking Admission Status
- SDD-UBIDS Weekend MBA Admission List 2021/2022
- COURSES OFFERED AT SDD-UBIDS-FORMERLY UDS WA CAMPUS
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
Get daily Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.