African countries with the best road networks
Africa is one of the fastest-growing continents in the world, this is according to the African Development Bank’s Annual Development Effectiveness Review 2013. The continent has been a laughing stock due to poor infrastructural development, corruption, and economic growth.
Slowly, all these will be a thing of the past because although some African government officials are still corrupt. However, there are others that are bent on developing their countries by investing heavily in infrastructural projects.
Some infrastructural development includes roads. We all know how important roads are to our access to quality and important services such as health care, transportation, food, etc. According to the Global Competitiveness Report index, some countries have made a great effort to improve their economies in terms of infrastructure. The following African countries are said to have the best road network.
1 . Namibia
According to the world’s economic Global Competitiveness Report index on the quality of roads, Namibia is the first country in Africa to have the best road network. Namibia was ranked 23 out of 137 countries worldwide with an average score of 5.0 out of 7. Namibia’s good roads are a result of the establishment of the Roads Authority. It was established in April 2000 and they have achieved a great deal of contributing to the country.
2 . Rwanda
This is another African country with a great road network. The country does not only boast of having the cleanest environment. The government of the country has improved the transport infrastructure with aid from the European Union, China, JAPAN, and other bodies. The country is ranked 31 with a score of 5.0.
3 . South Africa
South Africa has one of the largest road networks in the world. One of the longest roads is the N2 and it covers a distance of 2,255 kilometers (1,401 miles). The nation is ranked at 29 with a score of 5.0
4 . Morocco
The Kingdom of Morocco’s infrastructural development has put the nation on a higher pedestal than it even beat countries such as Belgium and Italy. Their government announced that it was going to invest in building new highways and expressways. It was also going to give a face-lift to its rural roads. Morocco is ranked 55 and has a score of 4.4
5 . Kenya
Kenya has some of the best roads in East Africa and one of the popular roads is the Thika Super Highway, the country is still looking forward to updating the condition of its road network. The country is ranked 61 with a score of 4.2
There are other African countries like Mauritius, Senegal, and Cote d’Ivoire which have a good road infrastructure.
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- LIST OF PROVISIONS FOR BOARDING SCHOOL
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- HOW TO GET POLICE REPORT IN GHANA
- PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- HOW TO GET MEDICAL REPORT IN GHANA
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- Stop sperm from coming early?
- How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
Get daily Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.