Old Mutual Ghana Invites Job Applications
Internal Control Specialist
This role is individually accountable for developing and maintaining a strong internal control environment, supporting management to ensure internal controls are in place and operating effectively in accordance with OML Group standards. The incumbent is expected to bring innovative solutions to management to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the control environment.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Firstly, Work with various functional personnel to ensure that internal controls are adequately designed, monitored, and strengthened to mitigate company risks.
- Secondly, Develop and maintain internal control documentation and related processes to ensure compliance with control framework.
- Thirdly, Coordinate with internal & external audit and assist in the timely closure of any identified improvement opportunities.
- Moreover, Recognize the impact of major external or internal changes to the control environment, conduct ongoing reviews, document, and report findings to management with recommendations for improvement.
- Furthermore, Participate in cross functional groups to implement or enhance controls based on organizational transformations.
- Additionally, Bring a systematic and disciplined approach to maintain the control environment.
- Then, Assist with automating controls and testing where appropriate.
- Also, Roll out policies and ensures they are complied with.
- Besides that, Identify applicable legislation and analyses the impact thereof on the BU and apply this to BU processes and procedures
- Afterwards, Compile monthly reports (standing reports) on issues identified and report on actions taken to rectify the problem.
- Last but not least, Interact with senior management on compliance and legislative developments that may influence the company direction.
- Finally, Manage relationships with various stakeholders.
- Business Awareness
- Technical Knowledge
- Initiating Action
- Decision Making
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Actuarial science, Mathematics/Statistics, Risk Management, or related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Audit, Risk, compliance, and /or enterprise risk management function.
- Working Knowledge of Life Insurance business preferred.
- Candidates must be well-versed with the applicable industry regulations.
- Lastly, Intermediate level Microsoft Office Suite and MS Visio experience.
Internal Control Procedures, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio
Closing Date : 19th June. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
Get daily Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.