Education Programme Managers Needed at Street Child International
Street Child is a rapidly developing international children’s charity with exceptional programming in 20 of the world’s lowest-income and most crisis-affected countries. Our high-impact projects chase gains in education and protection outcomes for the most marginalised children – through signature integrated education, child protection and livelihoods initiatives.
- Job Title: Education Programme Managers (2 x Northern Ghana; 1 x urban Ghana – Accra)
- Contract: Full Time, 3.5 years fixed term contract
Salary: $42,000 – $50,000 per annum depending on experience (plus benefits)
- Principal Location: 2 x Northern Ghana (Tamale or Salaga); 1 x Accra (with travel to Kumasi)
Street Child is seeking three outstanding professionals with the ambition and skill to lead Street Child UK’s flagship new rural and urban education projects in Ghana, specifically the Ghana TransformED Partnership and Street Child Education Outcomes Partnership payment by results initiative. These are ambitious partnerships with the Ghana Ministry of Education and Education Outcomes Fund to deliver a payment by results programme targeted at improving access and quality in primary education for Ghanaian children in the Northern Region (rural) and for out of school children in the Ghanaian cities of Accra and Kumasi (urban). These roles report to Street Child’s Country Representative for Ghana, leading a 3.5 year programme, together with a consortium of local and technical partners in the delivery of ground-breaking, outcomes-oriented projects.
The primary purpose of these Education Programme Managers is to lead the strong and adaptive set up and delivery of the outcomes-led consortium projects with a primary target delivery area in:
Rural – in the Northern Region – the $3.2m programme runs 1) primary school improvements for 100 schools, and 2) accelerated learning for 10,000 out of school children. It pays only on the basis of outcomes -principally literacy and numeracy improvement compared to control schools, and placement and retention of children in school.
Urban – in Accra and Kumasi – the $3.2m holistic programme for 8,000 out of school children is targeted at achieving literacy and numeracy gains, successful transitions into mainstream / vocational education and retention in education for one and two years. The programme includes an accelerated learning programme, together with Street Child’s flagship package of social and economic support for the child and primary caregiver. The project pays only on the basis of outcomes achieved, as assessed by a third party.
Key duties include:
- Lead the project consortium overall, working at a high level with financing partners, implementation partners and collaborative partners to ensure strong coordination and accountability;
- Ensure that the project complies with donor expectations and the programme contract terms, and that EOF narrative and financial reporting is of the highest standard;
- Ensure that the financial management of Street Child’s programmes is accountable and transparent, and that all staff are fully aware and able to comply with the Finance Policies;
- Support the identification and sharing of key programme learning across Education Outcomes Fund projects, utilising this to support continued strengthening of programme impact.
- Work alongside national partners to assess organisational capacity and to identify technical and human resource capacity gaps and where appropriate, directly provide coaching and training input and support in priority areas.
- Represent Street Child, including pro-active participation in relevant coordination mechanisms at national, regional and local level;
- Drive project outcomes through evidence-based, adaptative design and delivery of activities:-
- Ensuring that project performance is monitored regularly and compared to outcome targets, deliverables, budget and outcome payments with strong feedback loops;
- Supporting partners in identifying and addressing the blockages that prevent the effective and efficient implementation of their programmes
How To Apply for Education Programme Managers at Street Child
We are particularly interested in qualified national candidates, interested in a long-term commitment to this role. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please refer to the attachment to see the full role description and person specification. To apply for the role please send your CV and a brief covering letter outlining your suitability and motivations for applying to [email protected] no later than Monday 11th July 2022 (however applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis). Pre-employment checks will be required as part of our recruitment process in line with our Safeguarding Policy.
Street Child welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
Get daily Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.