World Vision International Job Vacancy
Job Title: National Director
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience the fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type
International Assignment – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
The National Director (ND) will strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of the World Vision Ghana FY21 to 25 Strategy, in alignment with the Government of Ghana’s priorities and Our Promise. In performing this role, the ND will be an effective leader locally, an effective member of the broader WVI Partnership, and will model the organization’s principles of Twin Citizenship to ensure high ministry quality and overall organizational effectiveness.
Moreover, The ND as a leader will contribute to partnership life and unity, by acting as both a local and global representative of the organization. The ND will ensure the country’s operations and operating models maintain the Partnership’s focus on Child Well Being outcomes and aspirations as they apply in the Ghanaian-specific country context, maximizing the impact in the field while maintaining efficiency as wise stewards of entrusted resources.
Also, The ND will lead national resource development, leading local fundraising and ensure the growth of local resources through effective partnerships with the Government of Ghana, the private sector, individual Ghanaians and the Church, and the members of WV Ghana. The ND will also ensure the office collaborates effectively with the WV Ghana Board, other partnership offices, and divisions to achieve local and organizational goals.
Externally, the ND will foster collaboration with major donors, project partners, local government, church representatives, faith-based organizations, and non-governmental organizations. In doing so, he/she will maximize stewardship, effectiveness, and efficiency of costs and operating models
The ND will model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry, and integrity; leading by example and providing spiritual guidance to staff on the WV Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Master’s degree in development studies, international development, management, administration, or social sciences or equivalent with at least 12 years experience in country-level program management.
- Then, Experience with large bilateral and multilateral grant acquisition and compliance as well as multi-sectorial humanitarian operations.
- Proven Leadership and Management skills;
- Strong information, communication, and technology skills, and knowledgeability to use diverse Microsoft applications and management information systems.
- Also, the Ability to work and travel extensively in the country of assignment as well as internationally (Approximately 20-25% of working time);
- Ability to work under pressure and make tough decisions
- Proven visionary and strategic abilities.
- Fluent in English: speaking and writing
- Furthermore, Achieving quality results and service, practicing accountability and integrity, and communicating information effectively
- Thinking clearly, deeply, and broadly, understanding the humanitarian industry, understanding World Vision’s mission, and operations, and practicing innovation and change
- Building collaborative relationships, practicing gender and cultural diversity and influencing individuals and groups
- Supporting World Vision’s Christian identity and commitments, learning for growth and development, and maintaining work/life balance and effectiveness
- Develops diverse, high-performing teams through effective recruitment, coaching, and team-building
- Role models biblical ethics and principles in action
- Responsible steward of resources and assets.
- Finally, Knowledge of UN humanitarian architecture and donor community
Closing Date: 25th September 2022
For More Job Opportunities, CLICK HERE
- An International Commodities Company Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at a Pharmaceutical Company
- Veolia Ghana Job Vacancy Adverstisement
- Job Vacancy at Adansi Travels Ltd
- AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited Announces New Job Recruitment
- Antal International Invites Job Applications
- Sightsavers Latest Employment Opportunity
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
Get daily Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.